To provide guidance and support to all senior officers and onboard management when dealing with human resources issues.
– Assist with vessel audits in relation to HR matters. (Port State Control, HESS, trade unions, etc.).
– Oversee crew training and development (excluding HESS training)
– Performance management training, tracking and administration
– Crew retention champion
– Facilitate crew relations and conflict resolution
– Oversee the compliance of crew disciplinary policy
– Support the Master during crew member disciplinary dismissal. Access, advise and agree on the proper course of action.
– Crew grievance investigation and reporting
– Crew promotions and change department oversight
– Crew survey administration
– Support the Master in working and resting hour compliance
– Corporate communication liaison
– Minimum of three years Human Resources management experience preferable in the hospitality industry.
– Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited university or college in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field.
– Minimum of three years experience managing staff of at least two (2) direct reports.
– Minimum two years in employee relations; investigating, negotiating and resolving grievances and conflicts, preferably in a multi-cultural diverse environment
– Possess a clear understanding of processes that will enable the administration of progressive disciplinary action through coaching and counseling to improve performance or recommend termination of employment
– Ability to read, write and speak English fluently and clearly. Proficient in Italian for Costa vessels and Spanish for Ibero vessels. Ability to speak Portuguese is a plus.
msg by Costa Crociere